Features of medical evacuation coverage
These are some of the common medical evacuation features provided under travel health insurance for American travellers;
- The coverage or trip must be originated from the US or Canada to be eligible to enjoy the benefits (subject to insurer terms and conditions).
- Both American and Canadian citizens are eligible for medical evacuation coverage.
The coverage starts from 100 miles away from home.
- The coverage can include medical, emergency medical evacuation, security evacuation and on special request can also cover adventure sports.
- One trip policy; where the coverage is for per trip period and can be for 120 days (*depends on the insurer)
- Annual policy; designed for those who do multiple trips annually and need coverage (subject insurer terms and conditions)
- There are individual travel insurance plans which can cover for medical evacuation with greater rates for shorter trips.
- Some insurance companies also offer group travel insurance coverage that are custom designed as per the requirements.